About the role
We are seeking Canvas LMS design consultants to support us as we develop curriculum for online programs hosted on the Canvas LMS (and, at some times, also other LMSs). The consultant will be responsible for transferring instructional content for individual sessions in the bootcamp training onto Canvas under the guidance of lead curriculum designers. Their work will involve critical thinking, creative application of design standards, and quality assurance for new and existing courses on Canvas LMS.
This is a remote and global role meaning that candidates must be comfortable and flexible working across different time zones and working independently or on a team. The role will start immediately and work will be project-based per global curriculum needs. Ideally, designers will work part-time for the duration of the design process (~4-8 weeks), though additional work may be available. Ideally candidates would have availability for 15-20 hours per week.
Preference will be given to candidates fluent in Portuguese, Spanish, French, Urdu, Traditional Chinese, Hindi, or Italian, in addition to English. Preference will also be given to candidates who live in one of the countries Generation serves including: Australia, Brazil, France, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Italy, Kenya, Mexico, Pakistan, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, USA and who are available to work across different time zones.
Responsibilities may include:
- Upload content to LMS and/or make modifications to existing content on LMS
- Adhere to Generation style guide and curricular standards
- Learn and apply LTI tools
- Address issues around accessibility by remediating existing content
- Throughout the process, work closely with Generation Curriculum and Instruction colleagues by obtaining feedback and iterating lessons accordingly
- Conduct quality assurance for both the learner and instructor experience
- Work independently and on a team and track progress/communicate via project plans and both asynchronous and synchronous means
Mindsets & Experience
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with Canvas LMS
- Experience creating new courses from scratch (e.g., adding modules, content, calendaring, etc.)
- Experience providing quality assurance for Canvas courses (e.g., reviewing and updating content, adjusting dates)
- Comfort with using technology to collaborate (e.g., Google Docs/Sheets, Slack, Zoom video conference, etc.)
- Enjoys working independently: Receiving video instructions, tracking progress via Google Sheets, and updating when a task is complete.
- Consistent, reliable Internet access is required
- Experience participating in accessibility efforts and/or editing Canvas course content to be accessible (e.g., adding alt text, tagging PDFs, creating video transcripts, ordering headings)
- Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Experience improving the student user experience in Canvas LMS
- Experience designing for online or blended programs
- Experience designing on another Learning Management System (LMS)
***Please apply with an English version of your CV***
- Proactive collaborator, willing to propose solutions and ideas to challenges based on expertise, debate their merits, and make final recommendations for lesson design
- Independent problem-solver, able to creatively seek out solutions using various resources and navigate new areas with an open mind
- Well-organized and able to track progress and changes at every step
- Clear communicator via both asynchronous and synchronous channels regularly
- Self-reflective and open to frequent feedback from curriculum designers and managers, employers, and training partners
- High level of detail orientation (able to produce high quality, instructor-ready documents)
- Has a growth mindset and embraces learning new tools, technologies, and processes